Senior PHP Developer
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced PHP developer to join our growing digital team. As Senior Developer you will be required to develop ideas, strategize concepts and extend the company’s skill base in emerging technologies
The successful PHP Developer will be heavily involved in working on websites & web applicaitons for clients in both national and international markets, including large ecommerce sites built on our proprietary ecommerce platform. It is imperative that the PHP Developer has excellent PHP knowledge as well as the following;
Key Skills Required:
- Past experience as a hands-on developer in a senior developer role.
- Providing leadership and direction to project staff including mentoring less experienced team members
- Past experience working with clients to sell in ideas, capture requirements and lead them through complex processes.
- Experience working with creatives and concepting projects.
- Experience in the practical application of a range of software development methodologies.
- Excellent MVC web applications experience
- Strong Enterprise Architecture experience
- A thorough, broad, innovative knowledge and understanding of the internet and emerging technologies and standards.
- Experience of working on consumer-facing high traffic sites.
- An understanding of data security and its application in consumer facing sites such as competitions and within social networking platforms.
- Experience of working on localised sites for global markets.
- Experience in Linux Server environment
- Experience of Agile Management System e.g. Jira & Confluence
- Attention to detail and able to work to deadlines.
- Confidence to present ideas to both colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work on several projects at one time and manage workflow.
- Work as part of a team but also unrepentantly.
- Documenting functional and non-functional technical requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with latest trends, innovations, cultures and new technical developments/changes within the industry.
As a senior developer at Burnthebook you will be responsible for supporting the existing infrastructure as well as developing new technologies that successfully interpret our clients’ requirements. As a senior member of the development team, you will be required to help and mentor the team whilst also performing your own role as a developer. You will report directly to the Managing Director, but you will be required to work closely with the project management, design, development and sales team on a day-to-day basis
This is a great opportunity to work for an established company that has an excellent reputation for producing high-standard work and pushing the boundaries of their industry. Based in Derby, we can offer an outstanding PHP developer the opportunity to develop their career in a company that is expanding and growing.
In return for your skills and commitment, we will offer you an excellent salary package and the opportunity to make a difference within an exciting team.
No agencies please!
Please send your CV & URLs to: [email protected]